Lilly and Rose Vintage Homes

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Room for Guests

Living away from friends and family means that occasionally we have house guests visit from England. We have a guest bedroom in our basement, which although on the ground floor, has plenty of natural light flooding in and is a quiet and private place to be.  I have tried to think of most things needed  when guests arrive.   I put out fluffy white towels, guest soaps, some light reading, and of course there is a cosy comfortable bed to sleep in. The guest bed I bought second hand here in Sweden as part of a set.  It came with a chair, mirror and two matching bedside tables, and cost just over £100.  Although not particularly old I have painted everything in 'Antique' white and re-upholstered the chair and headboard. It now has a more rustic feel and fits in much better than it would have done left in its original colours (pastel blues and greens).  I think the room looks and feels cosy, and so far I have had  no complaints from our visitors!
 Also shown is a Lloyd Loom chair, English charity shop find and the pretty planter with lavender was a second hand find yesterday, £4.  
Have a great day.....Lilly x



Posted by Lilly Dahl at 11:30 AM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

About Me

My photo
Lilly Dahl
Ever since I can remember I have had an interest in beautiful homes and interiors. I currently live in Sweden in a very traditional Swedish villa. My passion is to create stylish and inspiring interiors on a budget. This I am able to achieve by visiting charity shops and local table top sales where I never fail to find something which seems to fit perfectly in our home. With a little practice and confidence anyone can decorate and furnish their home cheaply, yet with style and flair. Through my blog I hope to share with you how I am able to achieve just that.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (69)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (13)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ▼  March (19)
      • Good Friday
      • Brighter Times
      • Feathers and Eggs
      • Birthday Days
      • Celebration Bubbles
      • Our villa, the story so far.......
      • Cream Teas
      • Winter Returns
      • Tidy House, Tidy Mind!
      • All Things Pretty
      • Chilly March Days
      • Fancy Florals
      • Weekend Treats
      • Spring Pinks
      • Angel Wings
      • Room for Guests
      • Firelight
      • Buntings and Birthday Cake
      • Simple Pleasures
    • ►  February (23)
Theme images by merrymoonmary. Powered by Blogger.