With our move in mind I have started thinking a little about furniture
placement, and interior design for our cottage in England. Although we
lived in the house before, many of my pieces of furniture, soft furnishings, fabrics and
accessories have been bought since we moved out here. So, I have to think about how I decorate our home with this in mind.
A mixture of Scandinavian and cottage vintage style is the way to go I think, and to achieve this I need to subtly blend the two, as well as adding a
little more colour to the interior. Presently, I have a very
neutral palate, fitting to our Swedish home, but not to our little cottage
in Norfolk. So yesterday, with these thoughts in mind, I re-covered our
Kitchen bench and dinning chairs. Previously white, I
re-upholstered them with a pink gingham fabric. It has really freshened
things up and they will now fit more comfortably in our English home.
Another project successfully completed this week was the little side
table which I bought recently at the charity shop. It was stained in a rather
ugly 'antique pine' shade, but after a quick sand and four costs of paint later, it
looks fantastic. With little effort I have been able to ring the changes in
pieces that I now love even more!!
Have a great Friday. Lilly x
No comments:
Post a Comment