Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Empty Spaces

We woke to a very different scene this morning. Rooms empty apart from a few boxes and a piece of furniture left here and there.  Now the rooms look so lifeless and bare and even echo as you walk through them. Such a contrast to just a few days ago when they were still warm, cosy, sunlit rooms filled with my lovely things.  

I now feel both a sense of excitement and sadness. Excitement at the expectation of starting another chapter in our lives,  but a sadness too at the thought of leaving so many things behind that are really special to us.  

Now I have to try and focus on the tasks in hand,  rather than to dwell on these thoughts too much. So, with cleaning clothes at the ready .....kitchen cupboards here I come!

Enjoy Tuesday and I hope you like the sunny garden scenes.  For me, a welcome diversion from the sight of brown cardboard boxes back at home !  Lilly x 




No comments:

Post a Comment