Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Shabby Chic


This really distressed, but super shabby chic display cabinet,  or vitrinskåp as they are called here, is a recent acquisition of mine. I actually swapped it with a dear friend for a vintage chandelier that I could no longer accommodate.  The cupboard which had been stored needed a good clean, but thankfully no re- painting was needed.  Then, to add to its distressed look I sanded some areas with wire wool. It now looks really great, and I'm soooo happy with it.   I can't wait to find a suitable place for it in the cottage. I will show you when we get back. 
Well, today being the first of May is a public holiday here in Sweden. So as we are all home and the sun is shinning we may head out for a picnic lunch. somewhere - lovely !!
Have a super Wednesday everyone!  Lilly x



No comments:

Post a Comment